Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/25 15:26:35 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Upgrading Jetty version in Camel 2.12

Hi

We are running with Jetty 7.6.x for a long time. For Camel 2.12 we
should IMHO consider upgrading to Jetty 8.x as the out of the box
version we use.

We should be backwards compatible with Jetty 7.6 in this release. So
end users can use Camel in Karaf / SMX containers that rely on that "a
bit old version, to be honest".

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [DISCUSS] - Upgrading Jetty version in Camel 2.12

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
With the help of OSGi, we could specify the library version that we want.
But the tricky part could be we may specify the version range for it.

BTW, Can we just targeting deploying Camel 2.12.x into Karaf 3.0.0 ?

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Claus,

the issue the api of Jetty 7 and 8 is not compatible, otherwise I'd go for
a +1 right away.
If you're able to make it compatible with 7 and 8, I'm fine with it. Just
need to make sure the features
don't start to import Jetty 8 and depend on Pax-Web 1.0.x or 1.1.x.

regards, Achim

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Achim

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.