Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by mi...@sonynetservices.com on 2002/07/26 09:00:07 UTC

XML Forms and i18n

Hello,

    I was just trying to change the XMLFormTransformer to add an
    <i18n:text> tag, when the Transformer is dealing with violations.
    I tried the following in the startElementViolations method:

      1.) I tried to add the tag like this:

      // render <violation> tag
            super.startElement(uri, TAG_VIOLATION, NS_PREFIX + ":" +
TAG_VIOLATION, attributes );
             // set message
       String startInter = "<i18n:text>";
        String endInter = "</i18n:text>";
            String vm = nextViolation.getMessage();
       String result = startInter + vm + endInter;
            super.characters( result.toCharArray(), 0, result.length());

            super.endElement(uri, TAG_VIOLATION, NS_PREFIX + ":" +
TAG_VIOLATION);

      2.) and like this:

      INTER_PREFIX = "i18n"
      TAG_VIOLATION="text"
      Here I thought that I could create the i18n tag like the
xf:validation tag is created

      // render <violation> tag
            super.startElement(uri, TAG_VIOLATION, NS_PREFIX + ":" +
TAG_VIOLATION, attributes );
        AttributesImpl emptyAttributes = new AttributesImpl();
        super.startElement(null, null, INTER_PREFIX + ":" + TAG_INTER,
emptyAttributes);
            String vm = nextViolation.getMessage();
            super.characters( vm.toCharArray(), 0, vm.length());
        super.endElement(null, null, INTER_PREFIX + ":" + TAG_INTER);
            super.endElement(uri, TAG_VIOLATION, NS_PREFIX + ":" +
TAG_VIOLATION);

Both ways did not work. In the first case I got an error message like this:
      <i18n:text>error_message</i18n:text>
but it was not translated - so I think that there were no real tags.
The second case was ignored completely  - according to the log.

Maybe somebody can advise if I do this at the right place, or if I should
try somewhere else
or how the Transformer works regarding the super.startElement() - if this
is the way how
to add a new element to the xml or if this is done differently?

thanx again for any help,

miHam