Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Sergiu Dumitriu <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/17 15:43:24 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1753002 - in /velocity/site: cms/trunk/content/engine/devel/apidocs/ cms/trunk/content/engine/devel/apidocs/org/apache/velocity/ cms/trunk/content/engine/devel/apidocs/org/apache/velocity/anakia/ cms/trunk/content/engine/devel/apidocs/org/...

That's ugly, can't Maven put the javadoc in there automatically at build
time, instead of committing in SVN something that's generated?

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
FYI, here's my current "manual" flow (the mail looks hairy but it boils
down to two shell script calls):

   velocity/engine/trunk$ mvn javadoc:javadoc

generates javadocs (aggregated for all modules) into target/site/apidocs

I then run a local script that does:

   cd /path/to/velocity
   cp -r engine/trunk/target/site/apidocs/*
site/cms/trunk/content/engine/devel/apidocs/
   cd site/cms/trunk/content/engine/devel/apidocs/
   svn status | egrep "^!" | cut -d' ' -f2- | xargs svn rm
   svn status | egrep "^\?" | cut -d' ' -f2- | xargs svn add

 From here, I quickly check changes, then I can commit
/content/engine/devel/apidocs/.

If we were using Apache CMS, it would be enough: with a single click you
could ask the CMS to publish the site, first on its staging area, then
on the production site.

But the CMS isn't accepting new sites for now, infra is waiting for a
machine migration and I'm under the impression that it could take a
certain time.

At least, we can use the site generation tools of the CMS locally, and
that's already quite handy.

Here's my "velsite.sh" script for this part (paths have to be adapted)

   #!/bin/bash
   export MARKDOWN_SOCKET=/tmp/markdown
   CMS=~/projects/velocity/apache_cms
   VELOCITY=~/projects/velocity
   # launch markdown daemon if possible
   if [[ `pidof markdownd.py` == "" ]]; then
      $CMS/build/markdownd.py
   fi
   # clears previous output
   rm -rf $VELOCITY/site/target
   # lanch site generation
   $CMS/build/build_site.pl --source-base $VELOCITY/site/cms/trunk
--target-base $VELOCITY/site/target
   # copy to production (svnpubsub) directory
   echo Copying to production directory...
   cp -r $VELOCITY/site/target/content/* $VELOCITY/site/production/
   cd $VELOCITY/site/production/
   svn status | egrep "^!" | cut -d' ' -f2- | xargs svn rm
   svn status | egrep "^\?" | cut -d' ' -f2- | xargs svn add
   # then a global svn status on /site/ to inspect changes
   cd ..
   svn status

In the same script, I also rsync the production directory with my
staging directory, so that I can inspect the result, then commit.

What is a bit ugly, and I totally agree, is that in the process, the
javadocs will traverse four directories... and I'd be happy to let maven
do the work. We could totally bypass the CMS tools, since those files
are just copied as is by the CMS engine. However, the
site/cms/trunk/content/ area seems fine for *archiving* the apidocs for
a specific version.

   Claude

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.