Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joseph Duncan Shaw <Jo...@millen.co.za> on 2002/09/11 09:47:37 UTC

Tomcat running as a service...

Hi there...

I have installed Tomcat on my Win2000 server and it's running perfectly!!

One question I have though...How do I get Tomcat to start automatically on
my server as it boots (so that I don't have to logon).

I have tried installing Tomcat as a service, but it doesn't work (seems that
the Tomcat.exe isn't all that is required to get Tomcat up and running).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Regards, Joseph Shaw
MCP 2000, ITE Dipl.

Millennium Computer Services
(Tel)+27 21 4481777
(fax)+27 21 448 1982

Disclaimer :
addressee. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
system.
 Millennium accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided,
unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the company.  Employees of Millennium are
expressly required not to make defamatory statements and not to infringe or
authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by email
communications. Any such communication is contrary to company policy and
outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned. The company
will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the
employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other
liability arising
 Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check
this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.

RE: Tomcat running as a service...

Posted by Vi...@answare.fr.
That's what I done too.
And if you want to specify the Tomcat's configuration file, you insert
between "-params" and "start":
	-config "PathOfTheServer.xml"

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Paste the following to a command line:

%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe -install Apache-Catalina
%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
-Djava.class.path=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar