Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Michal Borowiecki <mi...@openbet.com> on 2017/06/09 09:30:55 UTC

Re: Re: synchronous request response using kafka

cc-ed users mailing list, as I think it's more appropriate for this thread.

Sanjay, if you what you're after is the following pattern:

http://www.enterpriseintegrationpatterns.com/patterns/messaging/RequestReplyJmsExample.html

then yes, you can do this in kafka. The outline would be similar to the
JMS example above, but specifics of course different.

Also, currently you would have to put the reply topic name and
correlation id into the msg value itself but from v0.11 you can use
custom headers for that.

Hope that helps,
MichaƂ

--
Signature
<http://www.openbet.com/> 	Michal Borowiecki

	+44 203 249 8448

	E: 	michal.borowiecki@openbet.com
	W: 	www.openbet.com <http://www.openbet.com/>

	OpenBet Ltd

	Chiswick Park Building 9

	566 Chiswick High Rd

	London

	W4 5XT

	UK

<https://www.openbet.com/email_promo>

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you
have received this message in error, please immediately notify the
postmaster@openbet.com <ma...@openbet.com> and delete it
from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well
as traffic data may be monitored by OpenBet for employment and security
purposes. To protect the environment please do not print this e-mail
unless necessary. OpenBet Ltd. Registered Office: Chiswick Park Building
9, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5XT, United Kingdom. A company
registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3134634. VAT no.
GB927523612