Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/05 23:32:06 UTC

[VOTE] Apache POI 4.1.0 release (RC3)

I've prepared artifacts for Apache POI release 4.1.0 (RC3).

Notable changes since 4.0.1:

* Improved support/fixes for Java 9+ and IBM JVM
* New EMF renderer and support of SVG images in XSLF
* Security, stability and memory/resource handling improvements
* Various bug fixes across function and conditional format rule evaluation
* Upgrade to XMLBeans 3.1.0
* Upgrade to Bouncycastle 1.61
* Upgrade to Curvesapi 1.06
* Upgrade to Commons-Codec 1.12
* Upgrade to Commons-Collections4 4.3
* Upgrade to XMLSec 2.1.2

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/4.1.0-RC3/

All tests pass.
ASC signatures verify, key is in the KEYS file in /dist/dev/poi/.
SHA* hashes match files.

Latest regression run results looked good, Dominik was going to kick off
another (probably still running) to verify some last minute changes cleared
up some new errors found from augmented regression checks.

Please vote on these artifacts.

The vote is open until April 8, planning release announcement late that day.

I'm +1 at this point, contents match 4.0.1, with updated dependency
versions.

Greg

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 4.1.0 release (RC3)

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi Greg,

here is my +1

thanks for your patience and for pushing this through - it will be easier the next time! ;)

I've tested it with the POI Visualizer and it looks good - although it only covers a minimal area of POI.

Looking through the files, I've noted two issues:
- apart of Nexus, remove the .md5/.sha1 files:
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14923?focusedCommentId=16589492&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16589492

- the apidocs are linked via an absolute link in apidocs/index.xml and we might want to also
  rename the "dev" subdir to a versioned named. So basically you need to open the index.html
  in the dev directory - I regard this as minor glitch ...

Best wishes,
Andi

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 4.1.0 release (RC3)

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
Sorry for being late to the game. I won’t have time to run regression tests
until Monday or so... thank you Dominik and Greg!

Posted by "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Greg.
In my testing, I had to make a couple of small code changes to get things
working again but nothing big and this is an intermediate version upgrade so
that's expected.

+1

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 4.1.0 release (RC3)

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi Greg,

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
All,
  Again, my apologies for being late to the game.  I don't want to
stop the release.  +0

      Best,

                Tim

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.
Vote passes with 5 +1 and 1 +0 votes.

I'll begin the release process.  Thank you all for your help, checks, and
discussion.

Greg

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
Hi Andi,

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi Tim,

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
+1

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

regression test results are in, there is a strange NoClassDefFound error
which I think is not relevant and caused by the way the jars were built, I
started a re-run to check. Otherwise I did not spot any new difference to
4.0.x, most of them are due to new features or new checks in the testing.

   - 4.0.1-RC2 to 4.1.0-RC2
   <http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reports/index401RC2to410RC2.html>
   - 4.1.0-RC2-All
   <http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reportsAll/index401RC2to410RC2.html>