Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Dikang Gu <di...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/27 19:24:06 UTC

Timeout unit tests in trunk

Looks like there are a few flaky/timeout unit tests in trunk, wondering is
there anyone looking at them already?

testBuildRange - org.apache.cassandra.db.view.ViewBuilderTaskTest
testUnloggedPartitionsPerBatch -
org.apache.cassandra.metrics.BatchMetricsTest
testViewBuilderResume - org.apache.cassandra.cql3.ViewTest

https://circleci.com/gh/DikangGu/cassandra/20

--
Dikang

Re: Timeout unit tests in trunk

Posted by Michael Kjellman <mk...@internalcircle.com>.
i've seen it timeout a lot too. if you think breaking it up will fix it that definitely sounds like a good approach!

Posted by Dikang Gu <di...@gmail.com>.
Cool, I think I fixed the ViewTest by changing from updateView("TRUNCATE
%s") to execute("TRUNCATE %s").

I also split it into several smaller unit tests. Patch is here:

I haven't got time to look into BatchMetricsTest yet.

Thanks
Dikang.

Posted by Jason Brown <ja...@gmail.com>.
All,