Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Amit Gupta <am...@computerware.co.in> on 2004/12/28 08:23:48 UTC

Can we create group in Yahoo/MSN messenger to help those who need fast help

Can we create group in Yahoo/MSN messenger to help those who need fast help?

Amit Gupta

Mobile: 91-9818052171

Yahoo IM: amitguptainn

MSN IM : amitguptainn

Re: Can we create group in Yahoo/MSN messenger to help those who need fast help

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Thanks Bryce,
I'm well aware of gmane.  Also, I run a 200+ member group on Yahoo groups
that was the first Struts Users Group in existence.

Problem is.....that's still a mailing list....the same as this one.  Why
would anyone participate on that list and not on this one?  For us
(struts-atlanta)....well....it is for our local (Atlanta, GA) group.  It is
a private list now, because, when it was public, there were more spams than
real traffic.

Why go through the hassle?

I believe the original intent was for a chat-style messaging client via MSN
messenger (or AIM or Yahoo or Foo).  The only effective chat client I've
seen work for anyone wanting to do this (broadcast vs 1 to 1), would be IRC.
You will see that pop up from time to time (especially with some of the long
standing members in our community).  I used to get on and have some fun with
the folks there, but it lately I've just been too busy responding to users
questions ;) ....and working.  The only problem with IRC is that there is a
lot of OT noise (mostly from people like me ;) and has ......guess
what...."no history for people to google against".....someone already said
that....hmmm ;)

I'm not trying to be a smart-a##, just realistic.

Have a good one!

--
James Mitchell
EdgeTech, Inc.

Posted by Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com>.
gmane.org

Posted by yue pengfei <yu...@yahoo.com.cn>.
Good idea!
  Yahoo IM:yuepengfei1978
  MSN IM : yuepf@hotmail.com

Amit Gupta <am...@computerware.co.in> wrote:
Can we create group in Yahoo/MSN messenger to help those who need fast help?

Amit Gupta

Mobile: 91-9818052171

Yahoo IM: amitguptainn

MSN IM : amitguptainn