Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> on 2012/09/22 06:08:27 UTC

ANN: The 2nd hbase 0.94.2 release candidate is available for download

The 2nd 0.94.2 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.2-rc1/
Signed with my code signing key: A1AC25A9

0.94.2 is a bug fix release. The 2nd RC has 96 issues resolved against it. Over 37 developers contributed code and fixes to this release.
These are mostly bug fixes, but also include performance improvements. some replication fixes, and a compatibility fix with older 0.92 clusters.

The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+HBASE+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.94.2%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC

Please take the RC for a spin, check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1 by September 28th on whether we should release this as 0.94.2.

You can find the release testing spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdGR1RmFPRXVmZ0RQaHJZMUt5dFdFcXc#gid=0
(if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so that we can gauge the coverage)

Thanks.

-- Lars

Re: ANN: The 2nd hbase 0.94.2 release candidate is available for download

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
I'm sinking this RC because of a last minute issue we found HBase checksums (HBASE-6868).
Stay tuned for the next RC.

-- Lars