Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/02/10 17:02:48 UTC

[Discuss] Automated Itegration Test for Python Cartridge Agent

Hi Devs,

I have some good news! I implemented an automated integration test for
Python Cartridge Agent (PCA) to verify its logic at build time without
waiting to execute a complete workflow by bundling PCA in a VM or Docker
image.

This test copy the PCA distribution to a new folder under target/, do the
configuration and test the complete PCA flow until the git clone completes.

I have design this test to run as a live test because of the limiation we
have in ActiveMQ embedded server for MQTT (at least I could not find to
configure it to support MQTT). Currently PCA communicates with ActiveMQ
with MQTT.

*How to run the test:*
cd <stratos-source>/components/org.apache.stratos.python.cartridge.agent
mvn clean install -Plive

In addition I have moved PCA source code to following location:
<stratos-source>/
components/org.apache.stratos.python.cartridge.agent/src/main/python/cartridge.agent

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Automated Itegration Test for Python Cartridge Agent

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Great work Imesh! This is indeed good news. It was really difficult to test
the PCA as a component until now.

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Thanks guys! As a part of this effort I have done following:

- Fixed topology class variable initialization issue in Topology
Context: 814206754534a0ef6be90eb224bb1889f9e171fd
- Fixed Git logic which was not working due to using %r instead of %s in
string place holders: 9ec6e0c287ffcd2a0cc7578fcf3bd595092c87f1
- Removed unused PIP modules: 7588e0c953b0e8d244ed26c4a90e4dbacfeb8c72

Please find the README.md file in PCA component for information on running
the live test:
https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/master/components/org.apache.stratos.python.cartridge.agent/README.md

Thanks

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.