Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Tardif, Sebastien" <ST...@anacomp.com> on 2004/11/22 15:59:43 UTC

How can we query JIRA to know all the bugs which has a patch to be applied but that are not closed?

It seems the way the Axis project process is it is possible that bugs has patches that never get applied or will be apply when the code already changed top much. If we can have a good query that search for bugs having the signature of a patch like: "RCS file:" in attachment or in comments and status "not closed" and we run that every day and trigger an alert when it's overdue for more than 2 weeks that will be great!

But I guess the best is to have a flag in JIRA that anybody can set to "patch included needs to be committed".

What do you think?

Re: How can we query JIRA to know all the bugs which has a patch to be applied but that are not closed?

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
How about creating your own filter with query string "patch", select
query fields as "comments" and select Issue status as "Open". For axis
project, this returns about 87 issues now. Though not precise, it just
means these lissues are "more likely" to have patches pending than the
others. For new issues, we better have a flag for more precise
results.

Venkat