Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by b....@valbosoft.com on 2008/09/22 13:02:34 UTC

testing question

Hello,

I'm trying to set up testing for a turbine application I have. I'd like to
do this with maven 2 and cactus.

I've already tried some combinations, but none satisfactory so far. One of
the problems I run into is the database setup. Many test scenarios with
turbine are described without any database integration.  I'd like to use
hsqldb. Torque 3.1.1 that comes with turbine 2.3.2 doesn't shut down
correctly the initial definition, so in my tests I cannot startup as in
production, and then change the configuration in the setup of the tests.
What I'm trying now is that in the maven pom the torque.properties gets
overwritten by a testversion when I'm in the test phase. I'm not sure if
this is the right way, though..

Also, maven 2 seems only to be integrated with cactus since cactus 1.8.1,
which isn't out yet..
I was wondering if someone has found a good and proven setup.

Regards,
Bo

Re: testing question

Posted by Bo van Weert <b....@valbosoft.com>.
Yes,

I have it all wrapped up in a m2 pom.

Cheers, bo

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi,

you should be able to run the Canoo WebTests using a M2 plugin (if you
not already do so)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

b.v.weert@valbosoft.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just got my setup working: maven 2 doing basic testing with Junit,
> integration tests with cactus and functional tests with canoo. I use the
> hsqldb maven 2 plugin to start it and dbunit to fill the test database. I
> had to import my database scheme once in hsqldb (an adjusted version of the
> one Torque generates), which gets reloaded each time you start it up.
>
> Regards, Bo

RE: testing question

Posted by b....@valbosoft.com.

RE: testing question

Posted by "Janssen, Roger" <ro...@ibanx.nl>.
Hi,

We have seperated some off the different kinds of tests:

- unit test : for the basic tests of our pojo's
- integration tests : testing the businesslogic of our components
(previously turbine services, now components using a different component
container)
- sceanrio testing : testing the uses cases of our turbine webapps

We only use turbine as MVC controller. We are migrating away from using
turbine services and use a different component container (Plexus, but of
course you could use any preferred component container) to write
components then we can test using unit/integration tests, outside
turbine. We use maven 2 as build tool for each of these components and
develop them test driven.

To test the actual turbine web application (use cases) we started using
Selenium.

Roger Janssen
iBanx

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.