Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by gqshen <gq...@apache.org> on 2015/04/08 10:31:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release Sentry incubating version 1.5.0 (rc0)

This is the incubator release of Apache Sentry, version 1.5.0-incubating.

The list of fixed issues, added features and improvements can be found here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-sentry.git;a=blob;f=CHANGELOG.txt;h=5d96434653aa292dfd025c7baa876013e95a5a15;hb=refs/heads/branch-1.5.0

Source files : http://people.apache.org/~gqshen/sentry-1.5.0-rc0/

Tag to be voted on (release 1.5.0-rc0/SHA:
589ea2c36f7bbec2affbddf10c3320178fdec9bf):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-sentry.git;a=commit;h=589ea2c36f7bbec2affbddf10c3320178fdec9bf
Sentry's KEYS containing the PGP key we used to sign the release:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/sentry/KEYS

Note that this is a source only release and we are voting on the source:
tag=release-1.5.0-rc0, SHA=589ea2c36f7bbec2affbddf10c3320178fdec9bf

Vote will be opened for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thank you for your prompt votes.

Respectfully,

Sentry 1.5.0 Release Manager (Guoquan Shen)

Re: [VOTE] Release Sentry incubating version 1.5.0 (rc0)

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 approve

* Verified signature/checksums
* Verified top level files
* Verified the tag

Regards,
Arvind Prabhakar

Posted by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>.
+1
- Full set of tests pass
- Verified upgrade script from 1.4 -> 1.5 on mysql db

Thanks,
Lenni

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.
  +1

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Patrick,

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Checked checksums, contents of LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER and general
tarball contents, ran build and tests. Encountered and filed SENTRY-698,
but I don't believe that's serious enough to warrant a -1 on the release,
especially if multiple others are not running out of memory.

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
+1