Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/01 05:23:02 UTC

Re: 6.3.0

I have created release notes for Lucene and Solr. Please edit to
improve as you see fit.

Lucene: https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote63
Solr: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote63

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar
<sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like 6.3.0 has accumulated enough new features, optimizations and
> fixes. How do folks feel about pushing this release out?
>
> I volunteer to be the RM. If there are no objections, I'd like to put the
> first RC to vote on Monday.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: 6.3.0

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Solr:
  Added own Logging section, moved some security related changes to Security section, Shortened some long descriptions…

Several lines in the file still exceeds 120 characters, could we rewrite to make the list more pleasing to read?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: 6.3.0

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shalin,

The Lucene notes look good to me. I rephrased a bit the point about the
BKDReader optimization to put more emphasis on the memory savings.