Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/02 18:46:49 UTC

Disabling Entire Page, and Redirecting to Page in N Seconds

I need to disable an entire page, with all its components, and display a
message (possibly in the FeedbackPanel) saying, "Operation successful. You
will be redirected in N seconds" (e.g. 5). After N seconds, I will do a
setRedirectPage(..) to a different page.

The point is that the user should see the "Success" message but doesn't have
to do anything else to be re-directed to the main page, just wait a few
seconds. In the meantime, he should be prevented from manipulating the
current form in any way.

Is there a way to quickly implement this? Thanks.

Re: Disabling Entire Page, and Redirecting to Page in N Seconds

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Hi eugenebalt,

why not just call setEnabled(false) on form component?

Posted by vineet semwal <vi...@gmail.com>.
then just create your own overlay in css ..

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 6:52 AM, eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks. Good suggestion. Will give it a try, but never worked with jQuery
> before.

thank you,

regards,
Vineet Semwal

Re: Disabling Entire Page, and Redirecting to Page in N Seconds

Posted by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Jquery UI has a nice css to overlay components. You can try to
present one protecting the page and presenting some message.
e.g.

Overlay = {
	show : function() {
		var w = $('body').width();
		var h = $('body').height();
		var markup = '<div class="ui-widget-overlay" style="width: ' + w
				+ 'px; height: ' + h + 'px; z-index: 1001;">some message</div>';
		$('body').prepend(markup);
	}
}

at the server side:

target.appendJavaScript(  'Overlay.show(); waitSomeMoment(); redirect(); ');

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 1:46 PM, eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I need to disable an entire page, with all its components, and display a
> message (possibly in the FeedbackPanel) saying, "Operation successful. You
> will be redirected in N seconds" (e.g. 5). After N seconds, I will do a
> setRedirectPage(..) to a different page.
>
> The point is that the user should see the "Success" message but doesn't have
> to do anything else to be re-directed to the main page, just wait a few
> seconds. In the meantime, he should be prevented from manipulating the
> current form in any way.
>
> Is there a way to quickly implement this? Thanks.

Pedro Henrique Oliveira dos Santos