Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Scott Goldstein <sc...@sbcglobal.net> on 2007/05/21 21:50:53 UTC

post resolve tasks and "keep" attribute

During my build, I'm trying to run the ant "taskdef" task.  As part of this task, I need to provide a classpath for the task, which I do using the "ivy:cachepath" task and an appropriate ivy file.  This works, but the resolve necessary to achieve this blows away the resolve data from a previous execution of resolve, which breaks the build later on.

  So, what I need to do it perform a resolve within a particular scope and return the resolve data to its previous state.

  I looked at the docs on incubator.apache.org and there is some reference to the "keep" attribute both post resolve tasks.  This appears to be what I need.  However, when I try using it with 2.0 alpha, I get an error that the attribute does not exist.

  What's the status of this attribute?  If there another way to achieve what I need?  Is it just a matter of saving and restoring the resolve properties, ivy.organisation, ivy.module, ivy.revision, and ivy.resolved.configurations?

  Thanks.

  Scott

Re: post resolve tasks and "keep" attribute

Posted by Scott Goldstein <sc...@sbcglobal.net>.
JIRA issue created - #517

Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:  On 5/21/07, Scott Goldstein wrote:

> I've solved my problem by changing the order of execution.
>
> However, I'm still curious about the "keep" property, as I imagine this
> might come up again. Any info?

In 2.0 version we have introduced a scope which makes the keep attribute
obsolete. See IVY-366 [1] for details.

However, we try to keep Ivy backward compatible, and it seems that we missed
this compatibility break. Could you open an issue in JIRA about this?

Xavier
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-366

Scott

> Scott Goldstein wrote:
> During my build, I'm trying to run the ant "taskdef" task. As part of
> this task, I need to provide a classpath for the task, which I do using the
> "ivy:cachepath" task and an appropriate ivy file. This works, but the
> resolve necessary to achieve this blows away the resolve data from a
> previous execution of resolve, which breaks the build later on.
>
> So, what I need to do it perform a resolve within a particular scope and
> return the resolve data to its previous state.
>
> I looked at the docs on incubator.apache.org and there is some reference
> to the "keep" attribute both post resolve tasks. This appears to be what I
> need. However, when I try using it with 2.0 alpha, I get an error that the
> attribute does not exist.
>
> What's the status of this attribute? If there another way to achieve what
> I need? Is it just a matter of saving and restoring the resolve properties,
> ivy.organisation, ivy.module, ivy.revision, and
> ivy.resolved.configurations?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/

Re: post resolve tasks and "keep" attribute

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.