Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Buvana Jayaraman <bj...@arc.nasa.gov> on 2008/01/29 01:52:37 UTC

Re: Checking out and building on remote machine using continuum

Hi,

I am new to Continuum and trying to set up a shell project.

Continuum is installed on the same machine as the SVN repositories. But
I would like to use another machine for the build. Is there a way to
check out and build the code on a remote machine using Continuum?

I browsed through the users forum for answers and also tried Google. No
luck so far. Can some one help please?

Thanks,
-Buvana

Re: Checking out and building on remote machine using continuum

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
if you mean have continuum execute a build remotely on another machine the
answer is no, continuum can't do that, though its been tossed around as a
feature for the next major version of continuum

supported natively that is...since your talking shellscripts then anything
is possible if you want to invest the scripting time to make something like
that happen :P

jesse

On Feb 4, 2008 12:31 PM, new-user <bj...@mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I am able to check out the code from the SVN repository. I am particularly
> interested in using a remote build machine. Is it possible to do a remote
> build using Continuum? If so, could you kindly let me know how I can do
> this?
>
> Thanks a lot for your time.
>
> -Buvana
>

> Wendy Smoak-3 wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 28, 2008 5:52 PM, Buvana Jayaraman <bj...@arc.nasa.gov>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I am new to Continuum and trying to set up a shell project.
> >>
> >> Continuum is installed on the same machine as the SVN repositories. But
> >> I would like to use another machine for the build. Is there a way to
> >> check out and build the code on a remote machine using Continuum?
> >
> > When you add a Shell project, there is a field for the scm url.
> >

> http://maven.apache.org/continuum/docs/1.1/user_guides/managing_project/addProject.html#Shell_Project
> >
> > --
> > Wendy

jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: Checking out and building on remote machine using continuum

Posted by new-user <bj...@mail.arc.nasa.gov>.
Hi,

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.