Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> on 2020/02/19 16:19:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 11.3 [vote candidate 1]

Dear community,

Sorry for the delay, artefacts are ready since 3 days but we hit a per file
size limitation on the distribution server. Thanks to INFRA this now ok.

This is our first voting candidate for the 11.3 release of Apache NetBeans.
Note that this is our first release vote where you are required to check
both sources and convenience binaries before voting!

See requirements below.

Apache NetBeans 11.3 constitutes all clusters in the Apache NetBeans Git
repo, which together provide the NetBeans Platform (i.e., the underlying
application framework), as well as all the modules that provide the Java SE,
Java EE, PHP, JavaScript and Groovy features of Apache NetBeans.

Build artefacts are available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/11.3/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-platform/11.3/

They were built by the Jenkins pipeline and moved to their place:

https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/NetBeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbea
ns/job/release113/13

We are primarily voting on:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/11.3/netbeans-11.3-
source.zip

SHA512:

5c9152d571993f116c94fe968066ec8ca288c76353b4406c0de4d6e0941a4678724c73447444
8128f9f9ff4dd79a944598d5760311ecea7695437d4debcde75c
netbeans-11.3-source.zip

KEYS file:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/netbeans/KEYS

--

Associated to the primary source item you will have (generated with pipeline
mentioned above)

under https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/11.3/

  binaries associated to the source

  netbeans-11.3-bin.zip

  as well as update content under nbms folder

under
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-platform/11.3/

  you will find platform cluster build

  netbeans-platform-11.3-bin

  netbeans-platform-11.3-source

Associated Apache Maven artefacts RELEASE113 can be found at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1055

Artefacts are composed of jars,nbm,sources,javadocs,pom.

--

Apache NetBeans Git Repo tag: 11.3-vc1 :

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/tree/11.3-vc1

Release specific wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+11.3

Before voting +1 you are required to download the signed source code
package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable on your
own platform, along with also verifying that the package meets the
requirements of the ASF policy on releases - see
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#management

In particular, you should (at least) follow these steps.

1. Download the artefact to be voted on and unzip it.

2. Check that the artefact does not contain any jar files, except for:

    -
platform/autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/
empty.jar

    - enterprise/glassfish.common/test/unit/data/nottaDir-4_1_2.jar

    - enterprise/glassfish.common/test/unit/data/subdir/nottaDir-5.0.jar

    - enterprise/payara.common/test/unit/data/nottaDir-4_1_2.jar

    - enterprise/payara.common/test/unit/data/subdir/nottaDir-5.0.jar

    which are only jars by their name

3. Verify the cryptographic signatures, the NOTICE and LICENSE file 4. Build
it using the README provided by the artefact.

5. Look in nbbuild/netbeans for the NetBeans installation created by the
build process and try running it.

In addition to checking the sources, you should check the associated
convenience binary zips and nbms at the artefact links above. As well as
checking any artefact functions correctly, you should check that it has been
correctly signed by a PMC member, and that the source being voted on is
sufficient to build the relevant binary. Separate votes will be held on
other convenience binaries, mostly for each installer. Those will be
dependent on this vote passing.

This vote is going to be open at least 72 hours, vote with +1, 0, and -1 as
usual. (please justify -1)

Please mark your vote with (binding) if you're an Apache NetBeans PMC member
to help with voting admin.  NetBeans 11.3 will be released if and when this
vote passes.

Thank all contributors for hard work !

Best Regards,

Eric

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 11.3 [vote candidate 1]

Posted by John Mc <mc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Verified Hash & Signature
Confirmed known Jar list matches what I downloaded
Reviewed the Notice file and License file
Built Apache NetBeans(with JDK 11)
and ran it from the built sources.

Regards

John

Posted by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com>.
+1

Downloaded source archive
Checked source archive SHA digest
Unzipped source archive
Checked NOTICE, LICENSE
Verified presence of mentioned jars
Built on Windows 10 with OpenJDK8
Run built application

Downloaded binary archive
Unzipped archive
Adjusted configuration in etc/netbeans.conf
Run application

Kudos to the Release Manager Eric Barboni!

Regards,
Alex

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi Matthias,
 Good catch, LICENSE is the only issue ?

 I prefer  to go for a voting candidate 2.

Regards
Eric
Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Vote: -1 (binding)

Posted by Kai Uwe Pel <ka...@asia.com>.
+1

- tested binary under Centos7 & Centos8
- using JDK 11.06

Kai

Posted by Akhilesh Singh <ak...@oracle.com>.
+1
Tested binary in windows 10 by using jdk 13

Sorry for the delay, artefacts are ready since 3 days but we hit a per file size limitation on the distribution server. Thanks to INFRA this now ok.

This is our first voting candidate for the 11.3 release of Apache NetBeans.
Note that this is our first release vote where you are required to check both sources and convenience binaries before voting!

See requirements below.

Apache NetBeans 11.3 constitutes all clusters in the Apache NetBeans Git repo, which together provide the NetBeans Platform (i.e., the underlying application framework), as well as all the modules that provide the Java SE, Java EE, PHP, JavaScript and Groovy features of Apache NetBeans.

Build artefacts are available here:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/11.3/__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!KzM_QxjtpXre9BbnvrOwYCjd3KdydJSKzUj_Sbu_JAHqm6runNurbfmk0iDk7m2eiYHy$

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-platform/11.3/__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!KzM_QxjtpXre9BbnvrOwYCjd3KdydJSKzUj_Sbu_JAHqm6runNurbfmk0iDk7rmoG75i$

They were built by the Jenkins pipeline and moved to their place:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/NetBeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbea__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!KzM_QxjtpXre9BbnvrOwYCjd3KdydJSKzUj_Sbu_JAHqm6runNurbfmk0iDk7qh4WkYp$
ns/job/release113/13

We are primarily voting on:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/11.3/netbeans-11.3-__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!KzM_QxjtpXre9BbnvrOwYCjd3KdydJSKzUj_Sbu_JAHqm6runNurbfmk0iDk7iIggGZt$

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/netbeans/KEYS__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!KzM_QxjtpXre9BbnvrOwYCjd3KdydJSKzUj_Sbu_JAHqm6runNurbfmk0iDk7mZUQMiT$

--

Associated to the primary source item you will have (generated with pipeline mentioned above)

under https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/11.3/__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!KzM_QxjtpXre9BbnvrOwYCjd3KdydJSKzUj_Sbu_JAHqm6runNurbfmk0iDk7m2eiYHy$

Associated Apache Maven artefacts RELEASE113 can be found at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1055__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!KzM_QxjtpXre9BbnvrOwYCjd3KdydJSKzUj_Sbu_JAHqm6runNurbfmk0iDk7nqKZASf$

Artefacts are composed of jars,nbm,sources,javadocs,pom.

--

Apache NetBeans Git Repo tag: 11.3-vc1 :

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/apache/netbeans/tree/11.3-vc1__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!KzM_QxjtpXre9BbnvrOwYCjd3KdydJSKzUj_Sbu_JAHqm6runNurbfmk0iDk7lQ4gKuT$

Release specific wiki page:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache*NetBeans*11.3__;Kys!!GqivPVa7Brio!KzM_QxjtpXre9BbnvrOwYCjd3KdydJSKzUj_Sbu_JAHqm6runNurbfmk0iDk7ouKVMLw$

Before voting +1 you are required to download the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable on your own platform, along with also verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy on releases - see https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html*management__;Iw!!GqivPVa7Brio!KzM_QxjtpXre9BbnvrOwYCjd3KdydJSKzUj_Sbu_JAHqm6runNurbfmk0iDk7uya3mRg$

Posted by huang kai <ib...@hotmail.com>.
+1
Tested binary under Ubuntu 19.10, using JDK 11.

在 2020/2/20 上午12:19, Eric Barboni 写道:

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Ideally include steps to reproduce and error messages and log files, etc --
in the issue.

Gj

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by constantin drabo <dr...@hotmail.com>.
Env : Mac is 10.15
Check jar files : ok
Signature verification : ok
Compile and run : ok

Verdict : +1

?? La Terre est le berceau de l'humanit??, mais on ne passe pas sa vie enti??re dans un berceau. ??
- Constantin????E. Tsiolkovski , p??re de l'astronautique?? et de l'a??rospatiale modernes.

________________________________

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Checked sigs and hashes
Checked ant rat
Built sources with OpenJDK 8 on Ubuntu 18.04
Ran built sources with OpenJDK 8 and 11, checked nb-javac / JavaFX
Ran binary distribution also with OpenJDK 8 and 11

Thanks for all your hard work!

Best wishes,

Neil

Posted by "Luff,Chris" <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID>.
+1

macOS 10.15.3
OpenJDK Runtime Environment 14-ea+33-1439

> [...]
>

> Release specific wiki page:
>
> https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcwiki.apache.org%2Fconfluence%2Fdisplay%2FNETBEANS%2FApache%2BNetBeans%2B11.3&amp;data=02%7C01%7CChris.Luff%40cerner.com%7Ca5d0cfa071fa403083bd08d7b55782c2%7Cfbc493a80d244454a815f4ca58e8c09d%7C0%7C0%7C637177259774471265&amp;sdata=pyl5YSXo8g7KRQMWmWEN4mlYheZ5Ze1V2ZRn5ObVOsc%3D&amp;reserved=0
>

> Before voting +1 you are required to download the signed source code
> package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable on your
> own platform, along with also verifying that the package meets the
> requirements of the ASF policy on releases - see
> https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.apache.org%2Flegal%2Frelease-policy.html%23management&amp;data=02%7C01%7CChris.Luff%40cerner.com%7Ca5d0cfa071fa403083bd08d7b55782c2%7Cfbc493a80d244454a815f4ca58e8c09d%7C0%7C0%7C637177259774471265&amp;sdata=RmIhjNIMA%2FBPcP62yYbO%2FTe8zIGbESno7afhIgFSAIA%3D&amp;reserved=0
>

> In particular, you should (at least) follow these steps.
>

> 1. Download the artefact to be voted on and unzip it.
>
> 2. Check that the artefact does not contain any jar files, except for:
>
>    -
> platform/autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/
> empty.jar
>
>    - enterprise/glassfish.common/test/unit/data/nottaDir-4_1_2.jar
>
>    - enterprise/glassfish.common/test/unit/data/subdir/nottaDir-5.0.jar
>
>    - enterprise/payara.common/test/unit/data/nottaDir-4_1_2.jar
>
>    - enterprise/payara.common/test/unit/data/subdir/nottaDir-5.0.jar
>
>    which are only jars by their name
>
> 3. Verify the cryptographic signatures, the NOTICE and LICENSE file 4. Build
> it using the README provided by the artefact.
>
> 5. Look in nbbuild/netbeans for the NetBeans installation created by the
> build process and try running it.
>

> In addition to checking the sources, you should check the associated
> convenience binary zips and nbms at the artefact links above. As well as
> checking any artefact functions correctly, you should check that it has been
> correctly signed by a PMC member, and that the source being voted on is
> sufficient to build the relevant binary. Separate votes will be held on
> other convenience binaries, mostly for each installer. Those will be
> dependent on this vote passing.
>

> This vote is going to be open at least 72 hours, vote with +1, 0, and -1 as
> usual. (please justify -1)
>
> Please mark your vote with (binding) if you're an Apache NetBeans PMC member
> to help with voting admin.  NetBeans 11.3 will be released if and when this

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024. Cerner Limited, Registered in England no 2519305, Registered Office 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache NetBeans 11.3 [vote candidate 1]

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 20.02.2020, 09:11 -0800 schrieb Ernie Rael:
> Looks like LICENSE and NOTICE are out of date in repo (diffs not
> shown here)
>
>     Only in src: DEPENDENCIES
>     diff -r /f/repos/netbeans/LICENSE src/LICENSE
>     Only in src: licenses
>     Only in src/nbbuild: gitinfo.properties
>     Only in src/nbbuild: netbeansrelease.properties
>     diff -r /f/repos/netbeans/NOTICE src/NOTICE

no the are not out of date. In the repo only the stubs of the LICENSE
and NOTICE file are present. Both files are created at build time (as
you see in the files Eric build).

HTH

Matthias

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 11.3 [vote candidate 1]

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
+1

Verified Hash & Signature
Updated repo to 11.3-vc1; ant clean
diff -r repo/netbeans src (netbeans-11.3-source.zip) See below minor issue?
build repo
run repo build, run provided build

except for a few things, everything in src is the same in repo
stuff in repo not is src (around 700 files jar,zip,...) not shown

Looks like LICENSE and NOTICE are out of date in repo (diffs not shown
here)

    Only in src: DEPENDENCIES
    diff -r /f/repos/netbeans/LICENSE src/LICENSE
    Only in src: licenses
    Only in src/nbbuild: gitinfo.properties
    Only in src/nbbuild: netbeansrelease.properties
    diff -r /f/repos/netbeans/NOTICE src/NOTICE

-ernie