Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by burakkk <bu...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/28 21:01:09 UTC

Fastest way to transfer files

Hi,
I have two different hdfs cluster. I need to transfer files between these
environments. What's the fastest way to transfer files for that situation?

I've researched about it. I found distcp command. It's useful but I want to
do in java so is there any way to do this?

Is there any way to transfer files chunk by chunk from one hdfs cluster to
another one or is there any way to implement a process using chunks without
whole file?

Thanks
Best Regards...

--

*BURAK ISIKLI** *| *http://burakisikli.wordpress.com*
*

RE: Fastest way to transfer files

Posted by David Parks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Here’s an example of running distcp (actually in this case s3distcp, but it’s about the same, just new DistCp()) from java:

ToolRunner.run(getConf(), new S3DistCp(), new String[] {

       "--src",             "/src/dir/",

       "--srcPattern",      ".*(itemtable)-r-[0-9]*.*",

       "--dest",            "s3://yourbucket/results/",

       "--s3Endpoint",      "s3.amazonaws.com"         });

Posted by Joep Rottinghuis <jr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joep Rottinghuis <jr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joep Rottinghuis <jr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joep Rottinghuis <jr...@gmail.com>.