Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by gpr <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/14 19:12:23 UTC

Utility to dump public corpus to outlook folder

Hi,

I am looking for a utility which can dump the mails from SpamAssassin public
corpus to an outlook or outlook express folder?

Please help me on this.....very urgent..

Thanks in advance....

Ram

Re: Utility to dump public corpus to outlook folder

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
gpr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a utility which can dump the mails from SpamAssassin public
> corpus to an outlook or outlook express folder?

what problem are you trying to solve? outlook and corpus are two distant
words, why would anyone merge them?

if using imap, you can do anything on your folders.

RE: Utility to dump public corpus to outlook folder

Posted by gpr <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks John. That would help.

Ram

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007, gpr wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Ok, by public corpus i mean the sample corpus hosted at
> http://spamassassin.apache.org/publiccorpus/
> I want to import these mails to the outlook folders.Hope this
> clarifies my intent.

Okay, that is a bunch of single-email RFC-822-format files in a
directory. It's not Berkeley MBOX or Maildir format.

Outlook's native import capabilities might handle it.

A better place to ask would be an Outlook or Outlook Express support
forum, or Google. The question would be "how do I import a directory
full of Unix-format email files (one message per file) into Outlook?"
There's nothing SA-specific about those files beyond how they are
categorized and why they were collected.

  "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with /etc/sendmail.cf, "it never
  does quite what I want. I wish Christopher Robin was here."
				           -- Peter da Silva in a.s.r
 9 days until Christmas

RE: Utility to dump public corpus to outlook folder

Posted by gpr <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

Ok, by public corpus i mean the sample corpus hosted at
http://spamassassin.apache.org/publiccorpus/
I want to import these mails to the outlook folders.Hope this clarifies my
intent.

Thank you,
Ram

Posted by Robert - elists <li...@abbacomm.net>.

Posted by gpr <gr...@yahoo.com>.
<adding reply to the latest message>

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.

Posted by gpr <gr...@yahoo.com>.
I really need help on this.Any help of this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ram