Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Asmita Vagyani <As...@sigma-systems.com> on 2013/01/30 07:39:47 UTC

Cloudstack S3 (Simple Storage Service) Support

Hi all,

I've been doing some reading  there are definitely implementation that make use of Cloudstack and provide a Storage Instance type server.

Essentially we want the same type of service as the Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service).

Cloudstack has an S3 interface though it is not enabled by default (need to change Global Setting): https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/s3-api-in-cloudstack.html

Even though Cloudstack supports the S3 API , do we still need a storage implementation - like CAStor, or Cloudian, or GlusterFS?

Still not clear to me if we configure anything in the Cloudstack Manager to enable this or if it is just enabling the S3 API and implementing the storage layer?

Please clarify.

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.

Tech Lead,  Sigma Software Solutions, Pune,

T: +91-20-25661992 / 93 / 94. Extn. : 286

Re: Cloudstack S3 (Simple Storage Service) Support

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
Asmita, a while back I did this deck:

http://www.slideshare.net/sebastiengoasguen/cloudstack-s3

I did not test it with 4.0, so it probably needs to be updated.

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.