Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/26 16:41:42 UTC

FlexJS equivalent to SystemManager

If I want to listen to mouse events on the whole application, what’s the right way to go about it?

Re: FlexJS equivalent to SystemManager

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 7/26/16, 9:41 AM, "Harbs" <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>If I want to listen to mouse events on the whole application, what’s the
>right way to go about it?

For most folks, all you need to do is listen to the view since all visible
objects will be parented by the view..  Someday there will be more
sophisticated scenarios with floating windows that require getting a
handle to something higher up.  There already is UIUtils.findPopUpHost
that will cover that I think.  But I'll bet there is something even more
complex that will need even more sophisticated handling.  That's the
nature of Pay-as-you-go:  less code for simpler scenarios.  But maybe
you've hit this more complex scenario already.

-Alex