Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2014/11/24 18:23:25 UTC

Board report due Dec 9

Hi,

The next board report for the project is coming due.

Please reply with items(s) :-)

I'll include Ruta 2.2.1 and DUCC 1.1.0 releases in the report.

-Marshall

Re: Board report due Dec 9

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Here's the board report, please let me know of any changes needed :-)

Board report for Apache UIMA, for December 2014.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Dates:
23 Oct 2014    last release
12 Mar 2013    last PMC addition
24 Dec 2013    last Committer addition

2 Releases:
  23 Oct  2014  UIMA-DUCC (Distributed UIMA Cluster Controller)
      1.1.0 released
      http://uima.apache.org/news.html#23 October 2014
  23 Sept 2014  UIMA Ruta (rule based scripting w/ Eclipse workbench)
      2.2.1 released
      http://uima.apache.org/news.html#23 September 2014

Other Activity:

A Youtube channel for UIMA was started, to post tutorials;
you can see it here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1YKyoL1W-xNHs9cv4U1V9g
There are many other previous tutorials about UIMA on youtube, posted
by various individuals, as well.

Core UIMA is quite active, working towards a next release, which will
include JSON serialization, in support of the trend toward Cloud deployments.

The mailing lists are fairly active, and normal bug finding/fixing
work continues.

Community:

The community continues to be active, with some new contributions coming in,
including some video tutorials which were posted on Youtube.
UIMA-DUCC is starting to get traffic on the email lists as users
start using it.

Issues:
No Board level issues at this time.