Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2016/04/04 02:24:20 UTC

Spark Job Server

Hello all,

Has there been any discussion on using the Spark Job Server with Zeppelin?
https://github.com/spark-jobserver/spark-jobserver

My thought is this: Trying to get get Zeppelin Running in Docker and then
able to interact with Spark on Mesos is a challenge. It requires us to
include a lot of heavy native mesos libraries to the Docker Container.
The job server seems to be a good way to consolidate some of that (it can
interact with Mesos) and then have the interaction between Zeppelin and Job
Server be  based on a Rest API.  I am a bit over my head with some of the
specifics, but thought I'd ask here.

Other than something like the job server, what are other thoughts for
interacting with Spark on Mesos while running Zeppelin in a Docker
container? Anyone had any success? Care to share notes?

John

Re: Spark Job Server

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.
Interesting.  Has https://github.com/spark-jobserver/spark-jobserver been
compared to toree and Livy?  What is the licensing on Livy, could that
cause issues down stream? (I am new to some of these things).

John

Re: Spark Job Server

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi John,