Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Will Milspec <wi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/20 20:40:17 UTC

How do you make Jmeter save your "http proxy server" (recorder) settings?

Hi all,

As I posted earlier, I found a few proxy recorder settings I need for our
projects needs.

I am new to jmeter and haven't mastered the UI.

The documentation says in setting up the proxy recorder, to add it to the
workbench. (click on workbench,right click, select add, select 'non-test
element, select 'proxy server'). This works great, but jmeter project does
not save the workbench upon 'save&exit'.  Subsequently we need to
remember-and-reenter the settngs each time I want to record more steps.

I've tried adding the proxy server to the 'main' project, but cannot get the
'add non-test element' to appear in the menu.

Any suggestions?

thanks

bill

Re: How do you make Jmeter save your "http proxy server" (recorder) settings?

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

1/ In your test plan, add a thread group, calling "Proxy"
2/ with right click, disable thread group proxy
3/ add to workbench, a HTTP Proxy element
4/ move (cut-paste) the HTTP Proxy element to Thread group proxy
5/ Save.

Milamber