Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/09 04:46:30 UTC

Invitation to a webinar

Hello Jim,

please do no hijack mail threads (it makes foloowing and further searching
much harder)

According to your question
You can invite External person to OM meeting via Calendar or via internal
Messaging or from room.

If invitation was send via Calendar, and reminders are set up  per system
Invitee will get email reminder (SMS reminders were not tested for a long
time)

Unfortunately OM currently doesn't support recurrent events: [1]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-549

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 3:49 AM, Jim Laib <ji...@alliedvaughn.com> wrote:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> Not sure if you're the correct person to ask, if so could you please let
> me know who.
>
> Has anyone developed a way that allows a person (recipient) to accept an
> invitation to a  webinar? Ideally it would then add them to the database,
> then send out a periodic reminder to the webinar. It should then record
> whether or not the person attended the webinar.
>
> I would like to build such a feature but I don't want to re-invent it of
> someone already has.
>
> Regards, and thank you for a great product. I hope to be using it a lot in
> 2017.
>
> Jim Laib

WBR
Maxim aka solomax