Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/05 19:42:44 UTC

Inclusion in m4?

I'd like to squeeze two things into m4:

1. GERONIMO-645, jetty ignores load-on-startup order.  This is a bug,
so I don't expect much argument here

2. xmlbeans v2   v2 has now been released and offers several
improvements/bug fixes including correct handling of namespaces of
elements in a group from a different namespace/schema and better
constraint handling: the latter will let us close GERONIMO-546.

Comments?

thanks
david jencks

Re: Inclusion in m4?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> I think it is very important we DON'T repeat what happened with M3 where
> a lot of stuff got added at the last minute and a couple of things
> broke. I know we will be doing more testing this time but every new
> feature increases the risk of something slipping through.
>
> If the xmlbeans stuff is transparent (does not require code changes in
> Geronimo) so that this is basically a dependency version update then
> that seems ok; if there are a lot of changes needed to the Geronimo code
> then I would suggest this should just go into the trunk.

I second Jeremy's points. It seems that we won't release any M4 in a
near future unless we stop adding more and more features/bug
fixes/enhancements. Bugs shall be fixed, so no talk about it, but I'd
say that features will only be included until the M4 branch is created.
Provided Dave didn't slow down with his coding, I'd bet he'll add either
and probably some more ;)

> Jeremy

Jacek

Re: Inclusion in m4?

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

--
Jeremy

Re: Inclusion in m4?

Posted by toby cabot <to...@caboteria.org>.
On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 10:42:44AM -0700, David Jencks wrote:
> I'd like to squeeze two things into m4:
>
> 1. GERONIMO-645, jetty ignores load-on-startup order.  This is a bug,
> so I don't expect much argument here

Thanks!  Let me know if there's any problem with the patch and I'll
fix it.