Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com> on 2004/08/09 11:47:21 UTC

Why there is restriction for Method Signatures in MESSAGE Style?

Hi All ,

I am trying to pass a DOM document to a WebService which is using "Message" Style of Service. But looking into the Axis Use Guide I could find that the methods which I write should be of any of these forms:

public Element [] method(Element [] bodies);
public SOAPBodyElement [] method (SOAPBodyElement [] bodies);
public Document method(Document body);
public void method(SOAPEnvelope req, SOAPEnvelope resp);
Can some exlpain why can there be only these 4 types of valid signatures? My Web Service needs to receive a document object and should return a String.

Can I anyway do that ?
Thanks in Advance

Cheers

Dhanush Gopinath
Software Engineer
Mahindra British Telecom Ltd
+91-020-4018100 Ext:-1218

"It's the possibility of having a dream come true , that makes life interesting" - Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Disclaimer:

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com

Re: REPOST Re: Why there is restriction for Method Signatures in MESSAGE Style?

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
Hi Dhanush,

>     I am trying to pass a DOM document to a WebService which is using
>     "Message" Style of Service. But looking into the Axis Use Guide I
>     could find that the methods which I write should be of any of these
>     forms:
>
>     public Element [] method(Element [] bodies);
>     public SOAPBodyElement [] method (SOAPBodyElement [] bodies);
>     public Document method(Document body);
>     public void method(SOAPEnvelope req, SOAPEnvelope resp);
>
>     Can some exlpain why can there be only these 4 types of valid
>     signatures? My Web Service needs to receive a document object and
>     should return a String.

Why not use the third form and return the status code in a well-formed
Document?

Re: REPOST Re: Why there is restriction for Method Signatures inMESSAGE Style?

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
A response Code
  From: Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>
  Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:33:34 +0530