Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Srinath Nagula <sr...@ureach.com> on 2002/01/28 09:42:43 UTC

Methods of mapping different flat files to XML

Hi,
   I am in a design phase of a project where I need to map
different flat file formats (fixed length and delimited) to
XML. The DTD of the output XML file is available and its a bit
complex.
   What are the available methods for mapping flat files to XML
and to keep the system flexible to accept new formats in
future. Any documents or links where I can get more information?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Srinath.

Re: Methods of mapping different flat files to XML

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Alberto Massari" <al...@exceloncorp.com> writes:

> At 03.42 28/01/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >    I am in a design phase of a project where I need to map
> >different flat file formats (fixed length and delimited) to
> >XML. The DTD of the output XML file is available and its a bit
> >complex.
> >    What are the available methods for mapping flat files to XML
> >and to keep the system flexible to accept new formats in
> >future. Any documents or links where I can get more information?
>
> You may want to have a look at Data Junction
> (http://www.datajunction.com )

There is also a python project called Martel that I recently learned
about. Sorry, but I don't have a URL.

jas.

Re: Methods of mapping different flat files to XML

Posted by Alberto Massari <al...@exceloncorp.com>.
At 03.42 28/01/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>    I am in a design phase of a project where I need to map
>different flat file formats (fixed length and delimited) to
>XML. The DTD of the output XML file is available and its a bit
>complex.
>    What are the available methods for mapping flat files to XML
>and to keep the system flexible to accept new formats in
>future. Any documents or links where I can get more information?

You may want to have a look at Data Junction (http://www.datajunction.com )

Alberto