Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Markus Colombo <ma...@customercare.ch> on 2000/07/20 16:08:34 UTC

ExceptionInInitializeError ?

Hi

I have a problem I don't understand:
Let's say I have a Servlet-Class with HttpServlet as it's supertype for
example package.MyServlet.
If I try to run a Servlet containing the code: package.MyServlet.class I
have no problem.
If I try to run my test application containing: package.MyServlet.class
I get an ExceptionInInitializeError the first time and NoClassDefFound's
when I try a second time.

Has this something to do with security or something ?
Is there a way to call package.MyServlet.class without running in
Servlet context ?

Thanks for your help

Markus Colombo

CustomerCare AG

Re: ExceptionInInitializeError ?

Posted by Markus Colombo <ma...@customercare.ch>.
Hi

Meanwhile I found the problem.
Could it be that the source files of Tomcat 3.1 Release do not correspond
with the compiled classes in servlet.jar ?
(My classes in VisualAge were not consistent with the classes in
servlet.jar.)

Regards

Markus Colombo