Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "fred.ac" <fr...@scarlet.be> on 2008/03/21 09:18:32 UTC

exception using groovy bundle

I would like to make a simple test with groovy but I receive the following
exception :

-> ERROR: Error starting
file:/D:/osgi/bundles/com.luebken.groovyservice_1.0.0.jar (
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error.)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/NodeList
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2395)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1763)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass$1.run(CachedClass.java
:149)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass.getMethods(
CachedClass.java:146)
        at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl.registerMethods(
MetaClassRegistryImpl.java:209)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl
.<init>(MetaClassRegistryImpl.java:167)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl
.<init>(MetaClassRegistryImpl.java:145)
        at groovy.lang.GroovySystem.<clinit>(GroovySystem.java:27)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.<clinit>(
InvokerHelper.java:46)
        at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeStaticMethodN(
ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:212)
        at com.luebken.groovyservice.GroovyService.<init>(
GroovyService.groovy)
        at com.luebken.groovyservice.Activator.start(Activator.java:11)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(
SecureAction.java:589)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1585)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1519)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(
Felix.java:1104)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java
:258)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

-> ps
START LEVEL 6
   ID   State         Level  Name
[   0] [Active     ] [    0] System Bundle (1.0.3)
[   1] [Active     ] [    5] Groovy Runtime (1.5.4)   =>
groovy-all-1.5.4.jar from standard groovy distribution
[   2] [Resolved   ] [    5] Groovyservice Plug-in (1.0.0) =>
com.luebken.groovyservice_1.0.0.jar (my code hereafter)
[   3] [Active     ] [    1] osgi.compendium (4.0.1)
[   4] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell Service (1.0.0)
[   5] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell TUI (1.0.0)

Here is the code (sample taken from luebken.com <http://luebken.com/?p=34>)

Activator:

package com.luebken.groovyservice;

import org.osgi.framework.BundleActivator;
import org.osgi.framework.BundleContext;

public class Activator implements BundleActivator {
    private GroovyService groovyService;

    public void start(BundleContext context) throws Exception {
        groovyService = new GroovyService();
        context.registerService(GroovyService.class.getName(),
groovyService, null);
    }

    public void stop(BundleContext context) throws Exception {
    }
}

Groovy service:

package com.luebken.groovyservice

class GroovyService {
    void sayHello(){
        println "A groovy hello to the world"
    }
}

Manifest:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
Created-By: 1.6.0_02-b05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Bundle-Name: Groovyservice Plug-in
Bundle-SymbolicName: com.luebken.groovyservice
Bundle-Vendor: LUEBKEN
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
Bundle-Activator: com.luebken.groovyservice.Activator
Import-Package: org.osgi.framework
Require-Bundle: org.codehaus.groovy
Export-Package: com.luebken.groovyservice
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2

Could someone help me and explain why "org/w3c/dom/NodeList" is not found ?
NodeList is a standard java inteface included into the jdk I use (1.5).

Thanks

Fred.

Re: exception using groovy bundle

Posted by 王洪伟 <da...@gmail.com>.
Please sure that  a bundle which export the org.w3c.dom package  in your
run-time envionment.

Regards,
David

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Assuming the framework actually exports the org.w3c.dom (and other)
packages as stipulated by David in his separate message, this should
actually work. Have you verified the org.osgi.framework.system.packages
property containing the required packages. This should be set correctly
if you use the Felix main launcher. If you launch the Felix framework
you should ensure this manually.

Maybe you could try to use the Maven Bundle Plugin to generate the
required imports for your groovy service bundle ?

Regards
Felix

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
>  > Thanks, I don't know how Groovy is using class loaders but I tried the
>  > code
>  > you suggested wthout any success :-( same exception, grrrr...
>  > I just tried to run my test with equinox and it works.

I think Stuart has the right idea, make sure you actually wrap all
calls to Groovy with the setting the context classloader code.
Furthermore, you will need to have your bundle importing the
org.w3c.dom packages.

If that doesn't work you could try to enable bootdelegation for the
missing packages but that would be the last resort. Additionally, you
might want to post your code/manifest/bundle-layout someplace so that
we can have a look at it.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: exception using groovy bundle

Posted by "fred.ac" <fr...@scarlet.be>.
Here are the modif made on my original test code :

start method in Activator.java
ClassLoader old = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
        try {
            Thread.currentThread
().setContextClassLoader(getClass().getClassLoader());
            groovyService = new GroovyService();  <===== this line of code
cause the exception NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/NodeList
            context.registerService(GroovyService.class.getName(),
groovyService, null);
        } finally {
            Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(old);
        }

I also modified the manifest with :
Import-Package: org.w3c.dom,org.osgi.framework

Fred

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
> [...]

> > > I also tried to add the package in the import manifest section :
> > > Import-Package: org.w3c.dom,org.osgi.framework
> > >
> > > but I doesn't change anything, I still receive :
> > > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/NodeList
> > >
> > > Any other ideas ?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Fred.

> > is

> > :2395)
> > Method)
> > > > >

> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl.registerMethods
> > org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl
> > org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl
> > > > >
> > org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeStaticMethodN(
> Activator.java
> > :11)
> > org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(

Cheers, Stuart

Re: exception using groovy bundle

Posted by "fred.ac" <fr...@scarlet.be>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.