Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/11/02 22:01:12 UTC

Re: complexType with simpleContent facet violation message not helpful

Hi Ron,

We weren't assigning an anonymous type name to the simple type. I just
committed a fix for that. If you pickup the current code from SVN you
should get "#AnonType_Comment2Type" instead of "null" as the type name in
the error message.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> wrote on 10/30/2007 04:58:01 PM:

> I have a maxLength facet on a complexType with simpleContent that
> extends a base complexType. Schema validation performed by the
> included program with the included schemas & xml file results in the
> stack trace listed below. Note the message refers to the relevant
> anonymous type as [type 'null'] which is not helpful. In this case,
> a more helpful error message would refer to either the complexType
> name itself or its base type name. Should I open a JIRA for this issue?
>
> STACK TRACE:
>
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-maxLength-valid: Value '
>         commentZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>     ' with length = '30' is not facet-valid with respect to
> maxLength '20' for type 'null'.
>     at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.
> createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)

<snip/>