Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Feldman <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/05 16:54:50 UTC

composite hash

I am indexing with a composite hash of "myshard/3!myid"

If i want to query with the _route_ param, what does my route look like

_route_=myshard/3!
or
_route_=myshard!
?

shawn

Re: composite hash

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
Yes, otherwise when you query with /3 it is going to go to different shards
(1/8th of total shards) and would not find the documents since the
documents you indexed before adding /3 will reside on only one of the shard.

Re: composite hash

Posted by Shawn Feldman <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: composite hash

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.