Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Musselman <ak...@apache.org> on 2023/02/10 23:10:56 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New committer: Jowanza Joseph

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Mahout has asked Jowanza
Joseph to become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has
accepted.

He has a strong background in software engineering and SRE work, and is now
heading up tech at a startup. Interests include machine learning and
analytics.

Being a committer allows many contributors to contribute more autonomously.
For developers, it makes it easier to submit changes and eliminates the
need to have contributions reviewed via the patch submission process.
Whether contributions are development-related or otherwise, it is a
recognition of a contributor's participation in the project and commitment
to the project and the Apache Way.

Please join me in congratulating Jowanza!

Andrew Musselman
on behalf of the Mahout PMC