Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Harris Wong <ha...@utoronto.ca> on 2010/04/28 19:48:34 UTC

OAuth - Invalid Token

Hi,

I am having a problem with OAuth token authentication, a similar problem
http://groups.google.com/group/partuza/browse_thread/thread/7b4bea940d386119,
but not sure what the solution is.  This is what I did,

1. I added the Google OAuth-Contact gadget to my local container
(http://gadget-doc-examples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/opensocial-gadgets/oauth-contacts.xml).

2. I added the following to my shindig/config/oauth.json
  "http://gadget-doc-examples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/opensocial-gadgets/oauth-contacts.xml": {
   "google" : {
       "consumer_key" : "consumer_key",
       "consumer_secret" : "consumer_secret",
       "key_type" : "HMAC_SYMMETRIC"
     }
   }

3. I went into the gadget page, I was able to see:
OAuth Contacts:
Personalize this gadget

4.  I clicked on the "Personalize this gadget" link, it redirects me to
Google for authentication.  However, I got the following:
Invalid Token.

The link for the Google authentication page is:
https://www.google.com/accounts/OAuthAuthorizeToken?oauth_callback=http://oauth.gmodules.com/gadgets/oauthcallback?oauth_token=

Notice how the "oauth_token" is empty.  From the post by Chris, this
behavior was supposed to be correct.  Though, I am not sure why I am
getting an Invalid Token error.. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Harris

--
Harris Wong
Accessible Software Developer

Re: OAuth - Invalid Token

Posted by Harris Wong <ha...@utoronto.ca>.
Hi,

I backtraced to shindig/php/src/gadgets/oauth/OAuthFetcher.php; line
395~396.  Found the problem, "Consumer is not registered:
consumer_key".  I guess I will have to use my own end points.

Here is the backtrace as a reference: