Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Azim Fatehi <ax...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/19 05:38:34 UTC

python client unknown url type

Hi All,

I've got a problem with my python client. This occurs using either the 0.5
release or the 0.6 branch from SVN using python 2.6. Every time I launch one
of the python commands I get this error:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 242, in get_type
    raise ValueError, "unknown url type: %s" % self.__original
ValueError: unknown url type:
/home/<mydirectory>/qpid/specs/amqp.0-10.dtd

I did a google search and found this same problem here but was unable to
find any resolution:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@qpid.apache.org/msg00436.html

Is anyone familiar with this issue? Was any solution found?

Thanks,
  Azim Fatehi

Re: python client unknown url type

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 01/19/2010 09:18 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 01/19/2010 04:38 AM, Azim Fatehi wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've got a problem with my python client. This occurs using either the
>> 0.5
>> release or the 0.6 branch from SVN using python 2.6. Every time I
>> launch one
>> of the python commands I get this error:
>>
>> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 242, in get_type
>> raise ValueError, "unknown url type: %s" % self.__original
>> ValueError: unknown url type:
>> /home/<mydirectory>/qpid/specs/amqp.0-10.dtd
>>
>> I did a google search and found this same problem here but was unable to
>> find any resolution:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@qpid.apache.org/msg00436.html
>>
>> Is anyone familiar with this issue? Was any solution found?
>
> A temporary solution is to apply the patch included in
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@qpid.apache.org/msg00437.html.

That of course is not quite correct! The patch was specific to that
particular case. The same approach would be applicable i.e. swap the
relative uri for the dtd with an absolute one. Not very nice I agree.

> There appears to be some issue with processing relative uris in the dtd
> in some cases. It is not directly related to python version (the issue
> has been reported against 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 and all are known to work
> fine in many/most? situations). It seems to be some version(s) of some
> xml processing library that is the issue.
>
> Any python+xml experts out there who can shed some light?

E.g. is there any way that system wide handlers/resolvers might be
configured?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: python client unknown url type

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by ferozkhan27 <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I too had same "Unknow URL" problem.

ValueError: unknown url type:
<my-dir>/qpid-0.10/python/qpid/specs/amqp-0-10.dtd
actull downloaded contains amqp.0-10.dtd but while buliding its looking for
amqp-0-10.dtd. So i just replace '.' with '-'.

And its solve my problem.... :)

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org