Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/28 11:21:56 UTC

Spring Hadoop Cleanup

Hi  team,

The current trunk and the upcoming 0.7.2 release has support for Apache
Hadoop, Apache HBase, Apache ZooKeeper, YARN, CDH3 and CDH4. Unfortunately
it's not obvious how a recipe should look like for each option because
we've started to abuse the ability to override install / configure
functions.

IMHO the ability to override a function should be considered an advanced
feature - not a common mechanism for selecting a service flavor.

I suggest we take some time to make the source code clean for 0.8.0. I
think we should have a set of distinct roles for each flavor:

zookeeper, cdh3-zookeeper, cdh4-zookeeper etc.
cdh3-namenode, cdh4-namenode (yarn) etc.

What do you think?

-- Andrei Savu

Re: Spring Hadoop Cleanup

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
BTW here is the related JIRA issue created by Tom:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-559

Let's fire up some sub-tasks :)

-- Andrei Savu