Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/27 19:15:22 UTC

ESME-47 "Some Licensing Nits" is now closed

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just closed ESME-47 "Some Licensing Nits".
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-47

A big thank you to everyone who has helped resolve this issue!

/Anne

Re: ESME-47 "Some Licensing Nits" is now closed

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wed January 27 2010 3:13:16 pm Ethan Jewett wrote:
> Just for the record: Other developers *want* to use git (at least I
> do), but I only want to use git if I can push back upstream from my
> git repo, which I don't think you can do from a mirror. Not sure
> though.

You "kind of" can using the git-svn integration stuff.   Instead of a git
push, it's a "git svn dcommit" to commit the commits that are on the branch in
your repo into the tracked branch in svn.

See some basic instructions at:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache

Anyway, I'm using the git-svn stuff for most of my CXF trunk work now.  Seems
to work pretty well MOST of the time.  (it's had a quirk here and there)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: ESME-47 "Some Licensing Nits" is now closed

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
And I second this! Thank you so much!

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
I just looked at various files in our repository (property files, html
files, etc.) and many do not have the apache license.  There are some
scripts available(https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/).
Does one of the committers have a unix box where they run the scripts
to add the license to the other files. Before I run rat, I'd like to
change the licenses.

Scripts:

We also scripts in SVN with various copyrights. What do we need and
what can we toss. Is there a way to pull in these scripts via the
build process so that we are not part of our SVN?

Here are few examples below:

(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/esme/trunk/server/src/main/webapp/scripts/jquery-1.3.2.min.js?view=markup).

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/esme/trunk/server/src/main/webapp/scripts/tip_balloon.js?view=markup

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/esme/trunk/server/src/main/webapp/scripts/wz_tooltip.js?view=markup

D.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: ESME-47 "Some Licensing Nits" is now closed

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

<yo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well at least we can't say ESME-47 was good for nothing ;-)

I'm happy that this can be said now ;-)

And I did learn quite a bit along the way as well.

Thanks everybody for hanging in there!

-Bertrand

Re: ESME-47 "Some Licensing Nits" is now closed

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: ESME-47 "Some Licensing Nits" is now closed

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: ESME-47 "Some Licensing Nits" is now closed

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joe!
Did another commit now with the changes.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.