Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr> on 2003/04/10 17:16:30 UTC

Files missing in the CVS ?

Hi all !

I'm trying to get Lenya work, but it requieres the
org.apache.cocoon.components.request, that is in the old xml.cocoon2
repository, but not in the new one : cocoon-2.1 (or did I reverse ?).

Are these classes _more than deprecated_ or is this an other poor victim of
the deadly new-build-system-switch ? ;)

Thanks in advance !
--
Olivier

Re: Files missing in the CVS ?

Posted by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr>.
"Sylvain Wallez" wrote :
> Hi Olivier ;-)
>
> >I'm trying to get Lenya work, but it requieres the
> >org.apache.cocoon.components.request, that is in the old xml.cocoon2
> >repository, but not in the new one : cocoon-2.1 (or did I reverse ?).
> >

> There was some heavy refactoring in this area recently (see [1]), which
> may have led to some backwards incompatible changes. Please tell us what
> the problem is, maybe some additional classes in the "deprecated" block
> are needed.

I read Stefano's mail : these classes were moved to another package.
Lenya devers don't seem to catch this ;).
But I think most of these guys read this list, so no problem it would be
fixed soon :)

> >Are these classes _more than deprecated_ or is this an other poor victim
of
> >the deadly new-build-system-switch ? ;)
> >

> The new build system now works quite well !

I agree, now this rocks ! It was just to ask for a solution. ;)
Thanks all !

--
Olivier

Re: Files missing in the CVS ?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Olivier Billard wrote:

>Hi all !

Hi Olivier ;-)

>I'm trying to get Lenya work, but it requieres the
>org.apache.cocoon.components.request, that is in the old xml.cocoon2
>repository, but not in the new one : cocoon-2.1 (or did I reverse ?).

There was some heavy refactoring in this area recently (see [1]), which
may have led to some backwards incompatible changes. Please tell us what
the problem is, maybe some additional classes in the "deprecated" block
are needed.

>Are these classes _more than deprecated_ or is this an other poor victim of
>the deadly new-build-system-switch ? ;)

The new build system now works quite well !

Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104946515805696&w=2

Re: Files missing in the CVS ?

Posted by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr>.
"Stefano Mazzocchi" wrote :
> on 4/10/03 5:16 PM Olivier Billard wrote:
>
> > Hi all !
> >
> > I'm trying to get Lenya work, but it requieres the
> > org.apache.cocoon.components.request, that is in the old xml.cocoon2
> > repository, but not in the new one : cocoon-2.1 (or did I reverse ?).
> >
> > Are these classes _more than deprecated_ or is this an other poor victim
of
> > the deadly new-build-system-switch ? ;)
>
> Oh, I moved them in org.apache.cocoon.servlet.multipart. :/ didn't know
> somebody depended on them.

Thanks for the tip !
I'll change this.

Have a good week end !

--
Olivier

Re: Files missing in the CVS ?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
on 4/10/03 5:16 PM Olivier Billard wrote:

> Hi all !
>
> I'm trying to get Lenya work, but it requieres the
> org.apache.cocoon.components.request, that is in the old xml.cocoon2
> repository, but not in the new one : cocoon-2.1 (or did I reverse ?).
>
> Are these classes _more than deprecated_ or is this an other poor victim of
> the deadly new-build-system-switch ? ;)

Oh, I moved them in org.apache.cocoon.servlet.multipart. :/ didn't know
somebody depended on them.

Anyway it should be pretty easy to migrate since the functionality is
more or less the same.

--
Stefano.