Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Nikhil Pawar <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/04 12:55:40 UTC

Address API docs

Hello Markus,Myrle,Adi,Nazeer

As we have agreed in previous mail chain regarding adding of Address API as
part of core product, I thought of completing its development prior to
other dependent modules.

I have come up with REST API docs for this module and wanted your
feedback.Kindly provide your feedback as soon as possible, since  this is a
pre-requisite for other modules. Please note that I have added an
additional field 'is_active' to support address change of same type of
address( and also to keep track of past address for audit purpose).

   1. Create new address for client:

POST https://DomainName/api/v1/clients/{clientid}/address/

*Sample request:*

POST address

{

"address_type": 1,

"street": "507 west street",

"address_line_1": "apt no 5",

"address_line_2": "opposite to college park",

"city":"Dallas",

"state_province_id":1,

"country_id":2,

"postal_code":"40041",

}

    2. Retrieve all addresses of all types for particular client:

GET https://DomainName/api/v1/clients/{clientid}/address/

*Sample response:*

[

{

  "clientId":1,

  "addressId":2,

"address_type": 1,

"street": "507 west street",

"address_line_1": "apt no 5",

"address_line_2": "opposite to college park",

"city":"Dallas",

"state_province_id":1,

"country_id":2,

"postal_code":"40041",

"is_active":1

},

{

  "clientId":2,

  "addressId":3,

"address_type": 1,

"street": "100 west street",

"address_line_1": "apt no 7",

"address_line_2": "opposite to college park",

"city":"Dallas",

"state_province_id":1,

"country_id":2,

"postal_code":"40041",

"is_active":0

}

]

3. Retreive all addresses of particular type for specified client

GET https://DomainName/api/v1/clients/{clientid}/address/{addtypId}

*Sample response:*

[

{

  "clientId":2,

[...]

4. Retrieve active address of particular type for specified clientid

GET
https://DomainName/api/v1/clients/{clientid}/address/{addtypId}?command=active

Sample response:

{

"clientId":1,

  "addressId":2,

"address_type": 1,

"street": "507 west street",

"address_line_1": "apt no 5",

"address_line_2": "opposite to college park",

"city":"Dallas",

"state_province_id":1,

"country_id":2,

"postal_code":"40041",

"40041",

"is_active":1

}

5. update:

update particular "active" address of client

PUT https://DomainName/api/v1/clients/{clientid}/address/{addtypId}

sample request

{

is_active:false

}

supported fields:

address line fields,addresstypeid,is_active

Regards,

Nikhil

RE: Getting a problem in creating a client

Posted by Adi Raju <ad...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi Zayyad,

These are minor enhancements; community contributions are welcome here :)

Regards,
Adi

Posted by Sendoro juma <se...@singo.co.tz>.
Dear Zayyad,
I agree... Mostly 3 characters
RegardsSendoro

*******

Posted by MexinaM Daniel <me...@singo.co.tz>.
Dear Adi

Posted by MexinaM Daniel <me...@singo.co.tz>.
Hi Adi

Posted by MexinaM Daniel <me...@singo.co.tz>.

RE: Getting a problem in creating a user

Posted by Adi Raju <ad...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
What is the error from the API? Http response?

Regards,
Adi

Posted by MexinaM Daniel <me...@singo.co.tz>.
Hi devs

Re: Address API docs

Posted by Nayan Ambali <na...@gmail.com>.
Myrle,

API consumer has to get the address template before sending create address,
this template ( GET client/address/template) will have the id of the
countries and states with country name and state name, I am in favor of
using the standard (ISO) for countries.

@Nikhil, either we can use code, code values for countries and state
otherwise we can have dedicated tables also.

Thanks
Nayan Ambali

Thanks and Regards,
Nayan Ambali
+91 9591996042
skype: nayangambali

Re: [Mifos-developer] Address API docs

Posted by Nayan Ambali <na...@gmail.com>.
James,

I would say these are most relevant and sensible questions, and first phase
of address implementation scope is based on your suggestion of MVP first,
so keeping minimal required features.

My reply inlined

1.  If we were to include an email address for the client in the client
table (I always say "customer"), would this belong as part of the Physical
Address?  Or as part of the client/customer Identifier record? 1:1 or n:1?

>> In present address module scope, it it only the physical address will be
captured, I recommend Fineract should have similar module to capture
electronic communication address, like e-mail address, mobile number

2.  Does Address extend the Client Identifier (
https://demo.openmf.org/api-docs/apiLive.htm#client_identifiers_create)
or it is somehow associated via another mechanism?

>> No, it does not, But we need to have mapping of address and the address
proof documents (identifiers). I want to understand why we need to extended
Client identifier to capture address?

Can clients have more than one address - e.g. business locations and home?

>> Yes, like communication, permanent, officer etc

3.  If address fields are not applicable to person due to lack of postal
system coverage, could a mifos installation alternatively use one of the
more novel address schemes - e.g. "WhatThreeWords"?

Yes, address fields can be enabled, disabled and can be made mandatory and
each field can have its own regex for validation for each installation
(each tenant)

4.  Unrelated to current concept of Physical Address, what if we want to
have a unique "address" assigned in the mifos domain (e.g. www.financeXYZ.co)
such that frank123@financeXYZ.co, is a unique account address in the
world.  Is there a fixed location table field in Mifos for this?  (Yes, I
am asking for a unique identifier address based on internet protocol in a
pre-defined place in the API.)

I am not clear on this question, by design address is not tightly mapped to
any entity, example there is address and same address can be mapped to the
customer address and customer's spouse address and also there is provision
to capture the lat and lang coordinates.
This design provides option to see overlapping addresses across the
customers.
In India government agencies are also trying for something similar, getting
house id for each house address.

Note: I have updated the document, please have look again at

Posted by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Address API docs

Posted by Nikhil Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.