Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com> on 1999/08/03 12:49:51 UTC

[jservssi] for API 2.1+

Is anybody working on or thinking about updating the jservssi servlet for
the 2.1 (2.2?) servlet API.

When Jakarta/Tomcat arrives, I think it will implement the 2.2 API, so
the SSI servlet will not work as it relies on the getServlet(String) method
of the 2.0 API.  I'm happy to start on this if nobody else is - but would
like to talk to others on the approach to take (getResource?).

Are there any other utility servlets that are in common usage that will
need to be updated before Jakarta is "complete"?  These might be good
items to start progress on while waiting for the Sun code...

--
Greg Wilkins<gr...@mortbay.com>          GB  Phone: +44-(0)171-4394045
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.    Mbl Phone: +44-(0)7775534369

Re: [jservssi] for API 2.1+

Posted by James Davidson <du...@x180.com>.
Greg Wilkins wrote:
> Is anybody working on or thinking about updating the jservssi servlet for
> the 2.1 (2.2?) servlet API.

Not to my knowledge. Somebody over in jserv land might know better.

> When Jakarta/Tomcat arrives, I think it will implement the 2.2 API

Yep -- Servlet 2.2, JSP 1.1 -- not perfect implementations, but decent.

> so
> the SSI servlet will not work as it relies on the getServlet(String) method
> of the 2.0 API.  I'm happy to start on this if nobody else is - but would
> like to talk to others on the approach to take (getResource?).

getResource or getNamedDispatcher would be the tickets.

--
James Davidson
duncan@eng.sun.com                http://java.sun.com/products/servlet