Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@apache.org> on 2015/08/03 00:43:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Roadmap discussions

Hello fellow developers,

It was discussed in some of our previous threads that it might be good to
list our roadmap in a wiki. How about lets start with a discussion on what
features we want to see in the future and possible project ideas.

To kick start the discussion I started this barebones wiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENTRY/Sentry+Roadmap+and+ideas>page,
which basically lists the current roadmap items , which already have jiras
filed, bucketed into 3 categories: Core, Integration and Test.
- We can have all items related to sentry integration with other components
in the Integration bucket.
- All Quality/ Test/ Supportability related jiras bucketed in Test bucket.
- And everything else falls into "core" category.

I propose using these buckets to make it easy to navigate our roadmap. But
eventually if we think just a single label is sufficient I am ok that way
too. Please checkout the wiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENTRY/Sentry+Roadmap+and+ideas>for
more details on jira labels.

@Everyone: Please share your ideas for new features. Lets discuss and file
jiras to track it. If the idea is too abstract or needs more thinking, we
can just add them to the project ideas in the wiki until we get more
clarity.

Please use [DISCUSS][ROADMAP] prefix for your email threads so that it
would be easy to track.

Regards!

Re: [DISCUSS] Roadmap discussions

Posted by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Sravya. I'll start a new thread on this.

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

Re: [DISCUSS] Roadmap discussions

Posted by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Colin,

Thanks for your input! Yes SENTRY-711 is related but it is not exactly the
same. That project ideas item is talking about direct user to privilege
mapping rather than user to role. And we should actually discuss if we need
both or either one of them by discussing the use case motivations. Will
start a separate [discuss] thread.

Thanks for bringing this up!

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur