Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Pete Roth <pr...@telemetrytech.net> on 2001/07/31 19:20:18 UTC

Using Xerces to parse a SOAP response

Does anyone know of an example or how to use the response from a SOAP
request in a Java client to build a Xerces object?  What I would like to do
is parse the XML returned from the SOAP service.  The response object allows
you to get a Parameter Object.  The Parameter.getValue() method returns an
Object.  When using a simple SOAP method which only returns one piece of
data I just displayed that Object as a String and that worked fine.  Now I'm
trying to parse the data returned when there is complex XML returned by the
SOAP service.  Can this Object be used to build a Reader(or XMLReader or
however Xerces specifically works) which will allow me to select nodes using
Xerces?

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.  Even a link to some
examples of using the response from in a Java client using the Apache
packages to build a DOM document or something similar would be great.

Thanks.

Peter Roth
Telemetry Technologies Inc.
p: 404.231.0021 ext. 1290