Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com> on 2018/04/13 23:41:59 UTC

Gradle Status [April 13]

Hello everyone,
here's a high-level summary of Gradle migration progress since the last
update. The progress this Friday was a bit slower, though we expect to
continue at a good pace next week. Thanks again to everyone that is putting
time into the migration.

Ongoing work / PRs:
* Migration of JavaDocs and other documentation continues [1][2]
* Cleanup for use of shaded tests is ongoing [3], though with some fixes
pending
* Progress ongoing to migrate IO perf tests[4]
* Changes to the contributor's guide are in review[5]

Some issues that remain:
* Dataflow ValidatesRunner tests are timing out, and being investigated[6]
* Issues have been observed trying to build in Mac OS. Need investigation
[7][7-1]

As noted earlier by Scott, the main issue to track migration is
BEAM-3249[8], and an issue to track cleanup items has been created [9].
Both good resources to track progress.

Please add to this thread any other progress updates that I might have
missed.

Best
-P.

[2] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/419