Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Tomblin <pt...@xcski.com> on 2009/08/28 20:26:35 UTC

Multiple cores

I'm trying to instantiate multiple cores.  Since nothing is different
between the two cores except the schema and the data dir, I was hoping
to share the same instanceDir.  Solr seems to recognize that there are
two cores, and gives me two different admin pages.  But unfortunately
both the admin pages are pointing to the same data dir and same
schema.

My solr.xml file looks like:

<solr persistent="false">
  <cores adminPath="/admin/cores">
    <core name="chunks" instanceDir=".">
        <property name="dataDir" value="./data"/>
        <property name="schemaName" value="schema.xml"/>
    </core>
    <core name="meta" instanceDir=".">
        <property name="dataDir" value="./meta.data/"/>
        <property name="schemaName" value="metaschema.xml"/>
    </core>
  </cores>
</solr>

As well as the property "dataDir", I've also tried "solr.data.dataDir"
and I've also tried putting it as an attribute in the <core> tag, like
    <core name="meta" instanceDir="." dataDir="./meta.data/">

Any help?
--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin

Re: Multiple cores

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
use the dataDir attribute in the <core> tag to specify the data
directory. The property is not required