Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Dave Oxley <ox...@hotmail.com> on 2000/03/16 01:22:20 UTC

Couple of questions

Hi all.
Just a quick couple of questions (or 5):

1. I know AS400 is typical stomping ground of Websphere but will Tomcat run
on it as setting up Websphere is a  right sod.

2. What about RS6000's.

3. As Tomcat has its own HTTP serving on port 8080, does it actually need an
HTTP server(IIS/Apache) started.

4. Is there anyway of intigrating Tomcat into an HTTP server(IIS/Apache) so
that I no longer need the port number in the HTTP address.

5. Can I debug servlets in Visual Cafe using Tomcat (or debug Tomcat itself)
or is there a better IDE for this purpose. I would prefer a different IDE
actually. The number of bugs in Visual Cafe 4 is appalling.

Thanks for your time.

Dave.
OxleyDave@Hotmail.com