Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by 丛林 <co...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/12 01:48:38 UTC

How to create a SequenceFile more faster?

Hi, all.

I want to write lots of little files (32GB) to HDFS as
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile.

But now it is too slow: we use about 8 hours to create this
SequenceFile (6.7GB).

So I wonder how to create this SequenceFile more faster?

Thanks for your suggestion.

-Best Wishes,

-Lin

Re: How to create a SequenceFile more faster?

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.
Even for a single machine (and there may be reasons to use a single machine
if the original data is not splittable) Our experience suggests it should
take about an hour to process 32 GB on a single machine leading me to wonder
whether writing the Sequence file is your limiting step - Consider very
simple job which writes 32 GB of random data - say a Long count and a random
double to a Sequence file and run it on one box (you might also try the same
steps without the write) and see if you are really being limited by the
write.
  You might also consider compression while writing the sequence file

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: How to create a SequenceFile more faster?

Posted by 丛林 <co...@gmail.com>.
Dear Harsh,

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--