Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Hagen, Nicholas" <NH...@trane.com> on 2006/05/15 22:55:56 UTC

JBoss Serialization

Has anyone been able to obtain any metrics using JBoss Serialization w/ the
latest version of MyFaces that includes the new SerialFactory object?  From
what I can tell, JBoss serialization should be faster than standard Java
serialization.  However, thus far, in all my testing, I am seeing that not
only is JBoss serialization slightly slower, but the jsf_state form field is
also larger using JBoss serialization.  Has anyone seen similar issues or
opposite issues?  I am trying to verify whether my testing is completely
wrong or if JBoss serialization does not work as well with the state objects
that have to be serialized using MyFaces (ie: object array upon object
array).

Thanks,

Nicholas Hagen

Re: JBoss Serialization

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicholas,

we've been doing some testing, and it seems that JBoss Serialization
seems to be slightly faster for us. But it's only a very slight
advantage.

If you want to go for bigger performance gains, use:

- StreamingAddResource (30% performance gains, with higher numbers of
users even more!!!)

- Facelets (10% performance gain)

regards,

Martin