Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jianghui Liu <jl...@successfactors.com> on 2005/03/23 22:28:43 UTC

No serializer found error on Axis Client

Hi All,

I deployed my service which has a incoming parameter of type
"UserBeanWrapper" defined by me. I included the typeMapping in
deploy-user.wsdd like this
   <typeMapping xmlns:x="urn:com.sf.sfv4.axis.encoding"
                 qname="x:UserBeanWrapper"

languageSpecificType="java:com.sf.sfv4.axis.encoding.UserBeanWrapper"

    />
 <service name="UserService" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="className"
value="com.sf.sfv4.axis.server.user.UserService"/>
   <typeMapping xmlns:x="urn:com.sf.sfv4.axis.encoding"
                 qname="x:UserBeanWrapper"

languageSpecificType="java:com.sf.sfv4.axis.encoding.UserBeanWrapper"

    />
 </service>
</deployment>

In my client class I'm calling the service like this:
Boolean ret = (Boolean) call.invoke( new Object[] {wrapper, ... );

Here wrapper is a type of UserBeanWrapper. But I'm getting error saying
"No Serializer found for type UserBeanWrapper....". If I add this line
call.addParameter( "wrapper", new
QName("urn:com.sf.sfv4.axis.encoding","UserBeanWrapper"),
ParameterMode.IN);
Before my invoke(), it give me an error saying
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/wsdl/OperationType
    at
org.apache.axis.description.OperationDesc.<clinit>(OperationDesc.java:58
)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.addParameter(Call.java:948)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.addParameter(Call.java:1005)
    at com.sf.sfv4.axis.client.UserClient.main(UserClient.java:54)
Exception in thread "main".

Question is should I call add parameter? What jar file am I missing?

Appreciate if someone can help me.

Thanks,
Jane