Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jon Brisbin <jo...@jbrisbin.com> on 2008/12/09 17:19:18 UTC

SM kernel won't run with Spring OSGi 1.2.0-m2

I tried compiling trunk against Spring OSGi 1.2.0-m2 and the GShell
console won't start. Backed up to kernel 1.0.0 and tried again,
updating everything to latest stable release...Spring 2.5.6, Felix
1.4.0 SLF4J, etc..., and tried Spring OSGi 1.2. It hangs trying to
find the namespace mapping for osgix. Backed Spring OSGi down to v
1.1.2 and everything runs fine.

This must have started not too long ago because I remember using
Spring OSGi 1.2.0-m2 successfully maybe a week ago or more. Or maybe I
don't. I can't really remember. :) I know for sure I tried it in plain
Felix 1.4.0 and it works fine. I've also used the osgi compendium
namespace from Felix/OSGi 1.2.0. It's something specific to SM and
specifically, the gshell integration.

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
http://jbrisbin.com

Felix and ServiceMix 3.* : NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/felix/framework/util/manifestparser/ManifestParser

Posted by no no <yo...@hotmail.fr>.
Hello all,

I have a troublesome problem which drives me nuts for months.
I try to use OSGi in ServiceMix 3.*, more precisely in a SA that embeds the Felix OSGi implementation.

After deploying the SA, and when at runtime launching the Felix platform, this is what i get :

Exception
 Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/felix/framework/util/manifestparser/ManifestParser
at org.apache.felix.framework.ExtensionManager.<init>(ExtensionManager.java:182)  <-- felix code that can't find the Manifestparser class
 at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.<init>(Felix.java:359)
 at com.thalesgroup.setha.osgi.ServiceManager.startPlatform(ServiceManager.java:98) <-- code launching the platform

This is a view of the portion of Felix code launching the exception :

In org.apache.felix.framework.ExtensionManager :
============================
  try
        {
 (line:182)           setCapabilities(
                addModuleCapability(map,
                    ManifestParser.parseExportHeader(syspkgs)));
        }
============================

Have you ever seen this error before ?
When i use my application outside serviceMix, everything is fine.
But as soon as i mix it with serviceMix...this error comes.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

yOOs

Découvrez toutes les possibilités de communication avec vos proches
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/default.aspx

Re: SM kernel won't run with Spring OSGi 1.2.0-m2

Posted by Jon Brisbin <jo...@jbrisbin.com>.
I'll take a look at this today.

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin